[Dshield] Blackworm liability with ISPs?

Anonymous Squirrel anonymous.squirrel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 23:58:31 GMT 2006

AARRGGHH!  Typo alert: should have read "I do see the problem as an
engineering problem, the matching of a computer's security maintenance and
operational requirements with the capabilities of the operator."

Agree with Chris, who said: "Although we can scold the end user, can we ever
really 'blame' them.  We give them the tools to create havoc, the access to
create havoc and expect
them to 'learn' in an ever changing environment to adapt to new
threats/technological advantages (when all the wanted to do was read the
BBC/CNN website, Skype to their long lost brother in Australia and download
the odd few thousand naughty pictures of Angelina Jolle when tempted by one
of the hundred or so Spam mails they get each day). You will never be able
to educate the uneducated."