[Dshield] Bushe's recent visit to the NSA... Is this website safe to view?

Bjørn Ruberg bjorn at ruberg.no
Sun Feb 5 11:36:27 GMT 2006

Wayne Jr wrote:
> Is this website safe to view?  I don't know much about this, but my understanding is that websites that have malformed code could possible download a virus or worm onto my computer if I viewed it or clicked on some link on it.
> I tried to check out the link by going to http://www.dnsstuff.com/ and using the CSE HTML Validator link on that page and I got the following message

So... how come you trust dnsstuff?

Running http://www.dnsstuff.com/ through another HTML validator [1]
yields no less than 46 errors.

Applying the above logic, the dnsstuff site should be, uh, twice as
dangerous. ;o)

Jokes aside, it's perfectly all right to be skeptical of HTML code. Even
Microsoft now and then suggests that HTML code should be viewed with a
plain-text editor instead of Internet Explorer. However, you're usually
unaffected if you use common sense in combination with running a safe
(and updated) OS and a safe (and updated) browser.

[1] http://validator.w3.org/

--
Bjørn