[Dshield] AOL and Yahoo to change for mail delivery

Abuse abuse at what4now.com
Mon Feb 6 19:09:06 GMT 2006

** Reply to message from Tom <dshield at oitc.com> on Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:47:17
-0500

> In case you missed reading this in your Sunday paper, AOL and Yahoo
> plan to charge 0.25 to 1 cent per incoming email for guaranteed
> delivery. Both refuse to use bondedsender.org, hul.habeas.com,
> exemptions.ahbl.org or isipp.com.  They say its "to help fight spam"
> but it looks to me as just an attempt to extort money to raise
> profitability. Thoughts?

This charge is for the sender (they must sign up for the service) so that they
do not get their email filtered by AOL or YAHOO spam filters.

It will be good AOL's and YAHOO's bottom line charging for something that they
should be doing now.  Another reason to not use AOL or YAHOO (that is if you
needed another reason).