[Dshield] AOL and Yahoo to change for mail delivery

Jim McCullough jim.mccullough at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 20:47:11 GMT 2006

HTML email........... now I am missing the early 1990's.  *sigh* the
days of text.    It's not only the html we have to worry about now
though, but the rdf emails also.  Too many times do I have to decode
rdf docs to text, or save the email to view it with another
application at home.    I have unfortunately notices a large number of
emails to my wife, kids, parents, ect. are composed using rdf instead
of html.   Now I have something else to read through and try to protec
my family from.  Friends around home.... they break it, I fix, they
pay.  Usually food is a good option with a 14 and a 10 y/o trying to
clean out the fridge every 3 or 4 hours.

On 2/6/06, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 15:19:10 EST, "Johannes B. Ullrich" said:
>
> > If you don't pay, you will still be able to send e-mail. However, your
> > e-mail may get stuck in the AOL spam filter. So this new rule will not
> > change anything for regular users.
>
> Actually, it may - if you're sophisticated enough to send HTML mail that
> has links to images and the like, they may get stomped on, under at least
> one version of what AOL may do at the UI side of thins....

Jim McCullough
MS WindowsXP - the lazy man's way to frustration, anger, and total
psychological breakdown.