[Dshield] AOL and Yahoo to change for mail delivery

Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Feb 6 20:52:34 GMT 2006

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:37:55 -0900, Charles Hamby said:
> If this becomes widespread I wonder how long it will take the spammers to
> come up with a way to forge the "postage" to bypass AOL and Yahoo's spam
> filters.  Does anyone of a resource that discusses how this is supposed to
> be implemented, as opposed to the sound bytes I've been seeing so far?

You pay GoodMail the bucks, and tell GoodMail an IP address you source from.

Incidentally, GoodMail's pricing structure involves you running their software/server
stuff, and paying for your *total* outbound mail flow, not just the flow going to
GoodMail customers.  So if you do 1M mails/day, and only 50K go to AOL, you pay
$10K/day rather than $500/day (assuming a penny a mail - and yes, it really *is* in
the "quarter penny to penny per mail" range....)