[Dshield] Reports Overview

Laura Vance vancel at winfreeacademy.com
Tue Feb 7 22:59:58 GMT 2006

johne59 wrote:

>I just signed up for the service yesterday, and am working on getting everything configured to my liking. However I have ran into a rather irritating "feature" in the Reports Overview screen. It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm using IE6 Or Firefox 1.5. Whenever I put an entry in the targetport, I am unable to clear it out... ie I can't return to viewing my complete data set. Can anybody confirm this "feature" for me and let me know if there is a work-around for it?
>
>-john

I've had the exact same problem ever since I signed up a couple of years
ago.  I reported it once, and I think I posted it here as well.  I
believe it's a software problem with an existence test being made before
the variable is accepted.  When the variable does not exist, it doesn't
change the query.  I've made that mistake before when writing web
software, so it's a simple matter to fix, but it seems that nobody has
fixed it yet.  I don't really use the online reports very often because
of it.

--
Thanks,
Laura Vance