[Dshield] SpeedStream 4200 Firewall Log to SysLog

WebMaster@Commerco.Net WebMaster at Commerco.Net
Mon Feb 13 07:46:26 GMT 2006

Robert,

Sorry to be a bit confused by your message.  I'll take a shot at an
answer, but please keep in mind that it is late and I am going from
my flawed memory, so please excuse me in advance for any organic
memory failures I may be experiencing.

I believe that the Syslog referred to below is a UNIX service that
works on UDP port 512(?).  Unless you have a specific program on your
WinME box that supports Syslog, I don't think you will be able to
capture and process same.  It could be that WinME natively supports
Syslog, but I am not sure about that.

Or are you saying that you have a packet sniffer and are not seeing
any UDP activity on the port for Syslog on your network?  In that
case, I think you will probably need to seek out vendor support on
the issue, unless somebody else on list has the device to which you
refer in their environment.

Best,

WebMaster at Commerco.Net