[Dshield] Recommendation for home router

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Mon Feb 13 17:53:06 GMT 2006

Home routers typically do not allow for "real secure" remote
administration. Some use https, but the certificate is 'fixed' (=same
for all routers from the particular maker).

If you are willing to experiment a bit, the cheapest option is one of
the Linksys routers which run on linux. In these cases you can install
an alternate firmware and use ssh for remote administration.