[Dshield] Recommendation for home router

Stasiniewicz, Adam stasinia at msoe.edu
Mon Feb 13 20:06:23 GMT 2006

Granted I am no a big Linux person, nor would this be the best solution
for all...  But recently I grabbed an old desktop I had collecting dust
and set it up as a Linux firewall.  Between the OS install and the
iptables config, it took the better part of a week worth of tinkering
(you have to recall, I am a Windows guy, so what you Linux folk might
think takes 1 minute, it takes me one week).  But I have to say I a very
please with it.  I got SSH access and a 20 GB hard drive to store as
much data as I would like.  Granted there is no web interface, but I
like the flexibility of being able to modify the iptable rules directly.

Regards,
Adam Stasiniewicz
Computer and Communication Services Department
Milwaukee School of Engineering
MSCE: Messaging & Security 2003