[Dshield] Recommendation for home router

Mark markt442 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 23:46:22 GMT 2006

It wouldn't be hard to test with two computers running
iperf. If you don't have a linux system, I've seen
some success running under cygwin. If not, easy way is
grab a linux "live" cd and run that on both.

IPerf is a great utility to look at the forwarding
performance of a device, as long as the device is less
than the output of your pcs. Run a crossconnect cable
straight between the pcs to get a baseline of the max
performance they can push - then introduce the router
and test. Of course the slowest device may be your
ISP. :-)

Have fun,

Mark