[Dshield] Test

Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Feb 20 01:40:04 GMT 2006

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 15:44:43 EST, "George A. Theall" said:
> Well, the fact that it checks for a robots.txt file and ignores
> restrictions found there has caused me to ban it from web sites I
> control.

Whatever happened to malware writer's pride in workmanship?  Fetching a
robots.txt and obeying what it says is one thing.  Totally failing to bother
looking for a robots.txt that you intend to ignore anyhow, to optimize your data
raiding, is another.

But going to all the trouble of fetching it to ignore it is just square-wheel.

"Nothing screams poor worksmanship quite like wrinkles in the duct tape".