[Dshield] For the Record: Roadrunner

Brenden Walker BKWalker at drbsystems.com
Mon Feb 20 14:52:04 GMT 2006

I don't know if this is common, but a friend of mine own a business and
had RR.biz installed.  A third party company came and did the work,
including installing a WAP (also sold him several computers).  Of
course, the WAP has no encryption, they didn't leave him the password to
change anything on it and I didn't have the time to reset it and setup
the system properly.

I'm not entirely sure if RR is sub-contracting this stuff, but either
way it works out to be a problem.  In this particular instance, the
location is right next to a VET who also has a wide-open wap, in a very
rural area so I'm not too worried about it.  But I assure you next time
I'm down there and able, it'll be at least 128bit WEP if not MAC
filtering.