[Dshield] DSHIELD: Test to see if I get this post

Don Jackson dwjackson at bcbsal.org
Tue Feb 21 19:01:16 GMT 2006

Our Tumbleweed system started blocking this list a couple of months ago.
 I thought it was just quiet for a while (should've known better!).
Another time, another list.  I don't know what triggers this... I could
ask our email admin.  I do know it's not something we do manually, er,
intentionally.  :)

I never see my own posts because we don't allow mail using our domain
name in the From to come in through the outside.

>>> scottf at uark.edu 2/21/2006 12:11 pm >>>
To the best of the information given to me, the email is coming in,
the list management software is doing its job in sending it out to
all subscribers, and something on his end is eating this email.

I have asked for actual mail server log entries to help confirm that
this is the case, but it would appear Robert mail server is being too
zealous stopping spam or something and is botching the job with email
from this list.

Scott

At 10:55 AM 2/21/2006, you wrote:
>Can someone with access to the lists check on Robert.  He hasnt seen
>any email from the General List in about 2 weeks.  Which is
definately
>odd.
>
>On 2/21/06, Robert D. <weaver at denstarfarm.us> wrote:
> > I am still not getting a single email from the list and am testing
> > see if both, I get ACK and I see my own posting
> >
> > sorry for the bother.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Robert D.

>--
>Jim McCullough
>MS WindowsXP - the lazy man's way to frustration, anger, and total
>psychological breakdown.

Learn about Intrusion Detection in Depth from the comfort of your own
couch:

send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org