[Dshield] Are you using spf records?

David Cary Hart DShield at TQMcube.com
Thu Jan 5 15:36:51 GMT 2006

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:40:57 +1300
Martin Forest <martin at forest.gen.nz> opined:
> Happy new year to all of you.
>
> I have done some minor research with SPF records. It is nice to see that
> several of the big domains such as hotmail, msn, aol etc have started to
> use SPF records. Especially as they are often used in forged emails. With
> them posting spf, it is now possible to block the spam  bots that use
> their "from addresses".
> How many of you have spf records on your domains?
> Thouse of you that don't have it, are you planning on it?
> How many of you are using spf as part of your spam filtering?

I created an SPF text record but don't use SPF to filter incoming mail.
Spammers are idiot savants. They tend to find ways around most schemes. THERE
IS NO FUSSP!

IMO, the most effective way to block bots is to block dynamic space.
--
Our DNSRBL -
           Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.php