[Dshield] WMF "wait for us"

superc superc at visuallink.com
Fri Jan 6 03:30:57 GMT 2006

12/31/06 is the expiration date for XP Home support.
That's annoying.  They still sell it imbedded in new laptops.  I am not even sure this
is legal.  I seem to recall some obscure Dept of Commerce reg in the CFR requiring the
vendors of large ticket items such as cars to maintain parts and provide services for a
ten year period after the last one was sold.  I gotta go find that portion of the CFR
when I get home and see if it can be argued as applicable to software.