[Dshield] WMF "wait for us"

L. Ruiz dianalucy00-sans at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 03:07:58 GMT 2006

--- Tim Hollebeek <tholleb at teknowledge.com> wrote:
-- snip --
> This really pisses me off as I got a new copy of XP home
> with a new computer less than two years ago.  Having my
> OS go obsolete for security updates less than three years
> after I got it is completely unacceptable.
>
> -Tim
-- snip --

The noteboooks I am looking at (sub $1000) all come with XP Home, no option to
upgrade to XP Pro.  This just makes me wait longer or forgo the PC and just get
a Mac.  I know, I know, I could purchase XP Pro--but I'd rather spend that
money on a Mac than pay for insecurity-is-us.  I bet since this is a fact you
have to dig up and most home users aren't even aware of this, most
manufacturers aren't going to care if they lose a few sales from those who know
better.

Maybe it's time we advertised the fact that XP Home support ends on 31 December
2006, since we know what will happen come 1 January 2007.  Just what we need
another few million bot-happy computers.

- Linda Ruiz :(

For my non-geek friends:
Friends don't email friends .exe or .com files.  So don't open those types of attachments!!
For my geek friends:
Adopt a newbie....