[Dshield] WMF "wait for us"

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Fri Jan 6 16:13:40 GMT 2006

Wes S wrote:
> On 5 Jan 2006 at 8:55, Tim Hollebeek wrote:
>
>> Compared to the decision to completely discontinue security
>> support for XP Home in less than a year (!), this decision
>> is eminently reasonable.
>>
>> -Tim
>>

> What?  I just bought my mom a XP home computer for Christmas.  Is
> this really true?

Here is MSFT's comparison page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/choosing2.mspx

The missing "networking features" are unlikely to be used in a home
environment.

The only feature I would miss for home use is the encrypted file system
if you install it on a laptop. But for a desktop, thats probably less of
an issue (unless you have desktops walking away from you).

--
---------
Johannes Ullrich                        jullrich at sans.org
http://isc.sans.org