[Dshield] WMF "wait for us"

Jim McCullough jim.mccullough at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 22:20:16 GMT 2006

My mom still is running win98se.  Fortunately for myself, it has no modem
and no network interface.  My dad's system is winxp home and he seems to
have alot of issues with it.  But then again, its my dad so that says
enough.   Some systems just do better with an older OS, be it
linux/bsd/windows.   In the environment of the home user, I think many of us
will agree;  hardware tends to get run until it croaks or is no longer able
to support the needs of the user.  Corp environments in alot of cases tend
to follow the average 3 to 5 year lease cycles.

On 1/6/06, Mrcorp <mrcorp at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just for the record, I run ME still on one of my computers and have never
> really had a problem
> with it.  Also, XP home for some people I help, no problems.  Perhaps its
> the administrators??  ;)
>
> Mrcorp
>
> --- Paul Marsh <pmarsh at nmefdn.org> wrote:
>

> > I'll second that besides ME, Home has got to be one of the flakiest.
> > For entertainment upgrade Home to PRO and let the fun begin ;)
> >
> > Thanx, Paul

Jim McCullough