Mike mjcarter at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jan 11 12:11:07 GMT 2006

Laura,

I really like your reasoning but with particular regards to 4a)

> 4a) user fixes problem and submits to a test by whoever (could be a
> company that does this for profit and charges the end user, not the
> ISP... Best Buy, Comp USA, new companies, etc.), and whoever tested the
> system sends notification to the ISP.   All is well in the land.

This is one of the reasons I started my company, now I just need to get
major ISPs to use our service, to be honest though most of them probably
don't know we exist yet.
I'm hoping that we will bridge the (obvious) gap between ISPs and end user
security and that ISPs will no longer have the excuse that they do not have
the resources in NZ because we will provide this service at no cost to them.

All they need to do is refer us to their users when they contact them about
an infection or similar related abuse and we'll take care of the donkey
work.

Does anyone see a problem with a 3rd party providing this kind of support
when referred by the ISP?

> Just some thoughts.

Very good thoughts I thought :)!

Cheers