Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Fri Jan 13 10:26:32 GMT 2006

And what do you use as the criteria for determing the validity of a report?  For example, we know that the DShield database is an excellent source on who is 'attacking' others - but we also know (cuz Johannes tells us so) that it is full of 'false positives' - which he won't clear out.  Well, I can see some ISP deciding to use DShield as a way to determine 'bad users' within their IP space, along with other data sources, and the problems it would cause.

And remember, people don't get on the TSA's list for no reason (OK, maybe they do... Bad example). However, those names proibably didn't materialize out of thin air - there was a criteria used for putting them on the list, strange as it may seem.  Do you really think the ISPs would do a better job of managing a list than the folks at TSA/DHS/FBI/ whoever?

-EdTr