[Dshield] My Dream ISP (was: public goals)

John B. Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Sun Jan 15 21:35:57 GMT 2006

Eric,

regarding your comment:

<>            VoIP, however, should be only for those technical people,
right now

For better or worse, the VOIP marketing "horse" has already left the
barn, and not just in the U.S.  Furthermore it is being marketed not
just to end (residential) users but to businesses as well. Cisco/Linksys
just announced a VOIP pbx/key system tht will support up to 16 VOIP
desksets called the SPA9000 and based on the opensource software,
Asterisk.   Here is the url to the product announcement at the
Cisco/Linksys www site:

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_News_C2%26cid%3D1136499819516&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International
GSEC Gold,GCWN Gold,GGSC-0100,NSA-IAM,NSA-IEM

(H) 703 620 0672
(M) 703 407 2278
(F) 703 620 5388

primary email address: jholmblad at aol.com