[Dshield] My Dream ISP

Jean-Philippe Luiggi jp.luiggi at free.fr
Tue Jan 17 16:43:02 GMT 2006

Hello,

I agree with both posts but you can't disconnect someone
without be sure he's offending you, we have to be sure of the correct
criterias if not, attention with lawyers....

Now speaking of VoIP/"911", the ideas you suggest are fine, but
i've already saw the result of some virus/worm running on a local
home network, we're speaking of something likes DOS from the inside so it may be quite
difficult to correct when the problem is on the wire.
I can't figure out how an ISP may help to solve the problem
without sending someone so here comes the problem of the economic model,
all ISPs should follow the same rules, if not and if costs
are quite different between them, i may guess which one the customers will select.

So what's about QOS (even on the customer's side), in fact
we've to work with something likes "VC" in frame-relay, having two circuits
but to have guarantees that one of them cannot penalize the other,
the normal IP with perhaps some problems on one side and the VoIP on the
other.

Best regards.