[Dshield] Useful lists

dshield.org@keithbergen.com dshield.org at keithbergen.com
Fri Jan 20 17:41:39 GMT 2006

One list that I find useful is the IRC-Security list. As you are aware, a
lot of the exploits result in system compromises, and these result in "Bots"
or "drones". Sometimes these drones are controlled via IRC botnets. It can
help you with some advanced warning of botnets as well as what is being done
to mitigate them. I have personally been able to download a few botnet
exploits, identify them, and report them to the respective ISP for shutdown.

Check it out at: