[Dshield] 2004-2005 Virus stats request

Wilson, Mark wilsonm at emwd.org
Fri Jan 20 23:27:51 GMT 2006

Our Water District is participating in CAPE.(California Awards for
Performance Excellence) In this, our CAPE feedback report states that
EMWD (us) exceeds the industry average for PC virus infections. Since we
count viruses, spyware, malware, etc as an infection, we may have skewed
the measurement. I need to find what the industry average/ratio/whatever
is for virus infections (with and without spyware, etc. if the data
exists in the year 2004/2005).

I am trying to find where CAPE found these baselines.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Mark Wilson
Communications Analyst / IT Security