[Dshield] FYI: We lose a security tool, AdAware sells out (my opinion)

Mel forum at dshield.org
Fri Jan 27 00:28:08 GMT 2006

Bad news from AdAware the (was) best adware finder and evicter we had.
Now they have teamed up with Google and a few other spyware suspects to become the "Google Pack"
Reminds me of the old saying "when you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas"

Big commercial interests strike again.

The story right from Lavasoft news which came, by surprise,along with the spyware library update.

----------------------------
Edited by Mel to remove commercial links.

Helsinki, January 10, 2006

Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition Included as Part of Google Pack
Alongside the Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition, the Google Pack includes:

 Adobe Reader 7
 Firefox with Google Toolbar
 GalleryPlayer Wallpapers
 Google Desktop
 Google Earth
 Google Pack Screensaver
 Google Talk
 Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
 Norton Anti-Virus 2005 Special Edition
 Picasa
 Real Player
 Trillian

This message was sent via the web forum at
http://forum.dshield.org