[Dshield] Microsoft MyWife Advisory

Mark Tombaugh mtombaugh at alliedcc.com
Tue Jan 31 20:34:09 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 17:57 +0000, vtncus wrote:
> Where in heaven did they come up with Mywife after we all knew it was call Blackmal/BlackWorm?

Actually only Symantec knows it as Blackmal, and I think only the task
force knows it as Blackworm.

McAfee has been calling it and its variants MyWife for a while now,
possibly because it has the ability to get evil once a month..

The rest of us are thankfully calling it CME-24, especially thankful
because it can now be easily referenced with a single link :)

http://cme.mitre.org/data/list.html#24

Take care,
Mark Tombaugh