[Dshield] What is the "Contact E-Mail" setting in my profile?

Jim McCullough jim.mccullough at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 14:11:40 GMT 2006

Actually no.  The 500/day you submit is more ammo for the Fightback
system.   Its also provides information used in trending towards the
end user connections.  The more end users submitting, the more
accurate the trending can show attacks against the general population.
 The contact email also helps in setting up a reference in case
something does go fubar with a submittion.

On 3/1/06, flinchlock <forum at dshield.org> wrote:

> What is the "Contact E-Mail" setting in my profile?
>
> If blank, does it default to the Email addy I use for login?
>
> Is it required for the FightBack feature?
>
> Is the FightBack system running/working/used/active... the newest "FightBack Results" (http://www.dshield.org/fightback_results.php) is dated "Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:59:23 -0400"?
>
> I am assuming the 500 hits/day from my home system that I feed to DShield, is way too small to mess with the FightBack feature?
>
> Thanks, Mike
> This message was sent via the web forum at
> http://forum.dshield.org

Jim McCullough
MS WindowsXP - the lazy man's way to frustration, anger, and total
psychological breakdown.