[Dshield] Slow day for the list = WAS: Question about spam sent

David Taylor ltr at isc.upenn.edu
Thu Mar 2 18:26:42 GMT 2006


It could also be possible that there have only been a couple of messages
sent today.  :)

I'm not on vacation but if I knew of a security convention close by that had
free beer I would not be here right now!

==================================================
David Taylor //Sr. Information Security Specialist
University of Pennsylvania Information Security 
Philadelphia PA USA
(215) 898-1236
http://www.upenn.edu/computing/security/
================================================== 

SANS - The Twenty Most Critical Internet Security Vulnerabilities 
http://www.sans.org/top20/

SANS - Internet Storm Center
http://isc.sans.org

irc.freenode.net #dshield
http://freenode.net/



-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces at lists.dshield.org [mailto:list-bounces at lists.dshield.org]
On Behalf Of Chris Wright
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 1:13 PM
To: 'General DShield Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [Dshield] Question about spam sent to list address


I would say that I only received two postings today (yours is one of them).

I reckon all the moderators have gone on vacation or there is a security
convention somewhere with free beer.

Regards

Chris

> -----Original Message-----
> From: list-bounces at lists.dshield.org 
> [mailto:list-bounces at lists.dshield.org] On Behalf Of DigitalNation
> Sent: 02 March 2006 17:57
> To: 'General DShield Discussion List'
> Subject: Re: [Dshield] Question about spam sent to list address
> 
> I will say that I only received 2 postings in the past 24 
> hours??? Was there some that I missed....now you got me thinking.
> 
> 
> ------------------
> M. McBride
> Security Admin
> DigitalNation
> Vancouver, Canada
>  
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: list-bounces at lists.dshield.org 
> [mailto:list-bounces at lists.dshield.org]
> On Behalf Of Stephane Grobety
> Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:23 AM
> To: General DShield Discussion List
> Subject: [Dshield] Question about spam sent to list address
> 
> 
> Hello,
> 
> I'm receiving quite a bit of spam to the address dedicated to 
> this list, mostly nigerian spam and other kind of frauds.
> 
> Now, without musing about the intelligence of people 
> harvesting email addresses off a list devoted to network 
> security, I remember that, about a year ago, someone 
> expressed interest in getting these messages.
> 
> Is it still the case ? If yes, where should these messages be 
> forwarded ?
> 
> Thanks,
> Stephane
> 
> _________________________________________
> Learn about Intrusion Detection in Depth from the comfort of 
> your own couch:
> https://www.sans.org/athome/details.php?id=1341&d=1
> 
> _______________________________________________
> send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org To change your 
> subscription options (or unsubscribe), see:
> http://www.dshield.org/mailman/listinfo/list
> 
> 
> 
> _________________________________________
> Learn about Intrusion Detection in Depth from the comfort of 
> your own couch:
> https://www.sans.org/athome/details.php?id=1341&d=1
> 
> _______________________________________________
> send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org To change your 
> subscription options (or unsubscribe), see: 
> http://www.dshield.org/mailman/listinfo/list
> 

_________________________________________
Learn about Intrusion Detection in Depth from the comfort of your own couch:
https://www.sans.org/athome/details.php?id=1341&d=1

_______________________________________________
send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org
To change your subscription options (or unsubscribe), see:
http://www.dshield.org/mailman/listinfo/list




More information about the list mailing list