[Dshield] Question about spam sent to list address

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Fri Mar 3 12:48:31 GMT 2006

Chris Wright wrote:
> I would say that I only received two postings today (yours is one of them).
>
> I reckon all the moderators have gone on vacation or there is a security
> convention somewhere with free beer.

Well, I just returned from SANS Orlando (yes, there was some free beer).
But I don't think any of the moderators went.

I know we had some issues with Comcast blocking our mail as 'spam' last
week, but I think that has been resolved. For us, spam is pretty much a
two way battle. Not only trying to keep it out of our systems, but also
trying to prevent us from being blocked by others as spam. From time to
time, people try to blacklist us with various lists (e.g. spamcop and such).

Makes you wonder if this e-mail thing is actually worth all the trouble.