[Dshield] Missing list postings

Dave fb0xwp802 at sneakemail.com
Fri Mar 3 16:21:23 GMT 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 05:08:14PM -0800, Mark wrote:
> I am a "digest" subscriber and am seeing a similar
> effect - some messages appear to be replies to posts
> I've never seen.
> From:	"Jon R. Kibler" <Jon.Kibler at aset.com>
> Greetings,
>
> It appears that I may not be receiving all the posts
> to this list. I
> have 3 posts over the past few days where the first
> message received
> appears to be in the middle of a discussion topic.

I too am a 'digest' subscriber.  And the last few days have been slim.

As for the messages that drop into the middle of a discussion, I've been blaming it on the attempted melding of the web-forum into the mailing-list format.  My experience is that the web-forum posters seldom include a synopsis of the previous posters content.  They expect it to read web-forum style...

<soapbox> IMHO, they don't coexist well... </soapbox>

And I much prefer the force-feeding a digest provides vis remembering to take the time to surf over to some web-forum.

regards,

/Dave

p.s. Free Beer?