[Dshield] Totally OT

Jim McCullough jim.mccullough at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 16:34:15 GMT 2006

Paul,  you might want to upgrade the image on that one.  I have the
same model wi-fi router, but gutted the Linksys image along with some
extra hardware hacks ( antenna).  I know .... I voided the warrenty.
But at least I dont have to wait on the vendor.  There should be an
option to push the logs to a log/file server for your lan.  iirc you
can modify the formating of the output.  Web output format I think can
be changed also.  Since I didnt read the docs much farther past
"Upgrading Your ImageOS".  Cannt help much further.

Jim McCullough

On 3/3/06, Paul Marsh <pmarsh at nmefdn.org> wrote:

> Sorry for the OT question but I'm at a loss.  Below is a snippet from a
> Linksys a WRT54GX2's web interface syslog.  I've tried googling but
> can't find any info and Linksys KB is useless.  Does anyone know where I
> can find information on how to decipher the logs?
>
> Thanx, Paul
>
> Mar 3 09:04:20 (none) user.debug klogd: wns msg rcvd: type =
> 0x130a^Ilength = 30
> Mar 3 09:04:26 (none) user.warn klogd: unregister mac on radio 0
> 00:14:BF:74:B6:90
> Mar 3 09:04:26 (none) user.debug klogd: wns msg rcvd: type =
> 0x130a^Ilength = 30
> Mar 3 09:04:43 (none) user.warn klogd: register link id 1 mac on radio 0
> 00:14:BF:74:B6:90
> Mar 3 09:04:46 (none) user.err AA: aniAsfTimer.c:445 Null Duration
> Mar 3 09:04:46 (none) user.debug klogd: wns msg rcvd: type =
> 0x1308^Ilength = 46
> Mar 3 09:04:46 (none) user.warn klogd: unregister mac on radio 0
> 00:14:BF:74:B6:90
> Mar 3 09:04:46 (none) user.debug klogd: wns msg rcvd: type =
> 0x130a^Ilength = 30
>

> The information in this transmittal (including attachments, if any) is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify me immediately by reply email and destroy all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.

Jim McCullough
MS WindowsXP - the lazy man's way to frustration, anger, and total
psychological breakdown.