[Dshield] Question about spam sent to list address

Tom dshield at oitc.com
Sat Mar 4 13:09:26 GMT 2006

At 4:52 PM -0800 3/3/06, Mike Easter wrote:
>Tom wrote:
>>  As for your comment about spamcop, I am very surprised as Julian has
>>  always been helpful and proactive with me whenever I identified a
>>  problematic issue. I would contact him if I were you so that he can
>>  set his system to reject all mistaken submissions - effectively
>>  whitelisting dshield & sans.
>
>? Reject mistaken submissions?  There is no automated spamcop mechanism
>for rejecting mistaken submissions and there is no mechanism for a
>reporter to unsend a mistaken report -- a deputy has to manually
>intervene to delist something if it has become listed because of
>mistaken submissions.  If a reporter makes a mistake and discovers it
>after the fact, there is a mechanism for hir to 'fess up - but there is
>no intervention for bad reports on the deputies part /unless/ a SCbl
>listing occurs.
>
>Spamcop's blocklisting system doesn't 'whitelist' anything, including
>dshield, sans, or anything else.  There is absolutely no provision for
>whitelisting anything on such a blocklist.

No, but its internal processing system culls lots of items before
they get to reporting and listing. Just do a lookup on
www.spamcop.net or www.senderbase.org  or www.ironport.com - no
reports even when they resolve for the rest of us....

Tom
--

Tom Shaw - Chief Engineer, OITC
<tshaw at oitc.com>, http://www.oitc.com/