[Dshield] Static IP changing ?? WHY?

Aaron Lewis aaron at adldatacomm.net
Wed Mar 8 03:38:14 GMT 2006

OK I have a good one for the list. I have a small home customer who I set up
with a small netgear firewall/router, not sure of the model, and a Linksys
WAP54G access point. I used 100% static IP space and have DHCP disabled
everywhere. I configured the desktop with 192.168.1.11 and the wireless
laptop with 192.168.2.12. The router is 192.168.2.254 and the AP is
192.168.2.253.

Twice now, after a few days of use the laptop all of a sudden is configured
with 192.168.2.11 causing an IP address conflict and obviously taking both
machines off the network.

Does anyone have any idea why this would / could happen?

Thanks
ADL