[Dshield] Anti-Phishing

DigitalNation dshield at digitalnation.ca
Fri Mar 10 19:38:31 GMT 2006

Laura,

Most online credit card transactions now require CVV2 numbers be inputted.
This is the direction all transactions are headed in. Our merchant provider
has CVV2 as standard and will not process any transaction without it. Visa
here in Canada has been using "VERIFIED by VISA" systems for 2 years now.
All in all, this means that having just the number and expiry doesn't cut it
anymore.

I think the idea here of bombarding phishers is good one....but like said
previously, you would need to tap into BOTNET or have a widely dispersed
group of systems available to you to pull it off. I have myself gone to
phish sites and inputted BS info by proxy just to tick them off....I would
love to see some sort of application that inputs all kind of false data that
they would have to wade through. Heck, they force us to wade through all the
phish-mail they proliferate.

M. McBride
Security Admin
DigitalNation