[Dshield] OT MAC question

Paul Marsh pmarsh at nmefdn.org
Wed Mar 15 17:18:30 GMT 2006

Once again and as always please excuse the OT question but I know the
list will answer my question ;)

I've rolled out a Linksys WRT54Gx2. I'm having issues with it (I won't
go in to it) but part of troubleshooting the problems has revealed
outside connection attempts.  Multiples for the same two MACs every
second, so many I'm thinking that it could be a piece of the pie eating
up CPU cycles.

I've ping the broadcast address of the LAN and checked arp cache but
can't find the MACs in question.  Linksys's admin interface for the WRT
is limited at best, I can't find any place in the interface to show arp
cache.  I know I'll eventually end up at OpenWRT but I'm not ready for
that just yet.

The question is, is there a tool out there that I could use to identify
these connection attempts?

Thanx, Paul

The information in this transmittal (including attachments, if any) is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify me immediately by reply email and destroy all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.