[Dshield] Syslog Server Software

Frank Knobbe frank at knobbe.us
Thu Mar 16 00:29:46 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 09:55 -0500, Harry Hoffman wrote:
> Syslog-ng is probably your best bet for a central syslog server. I'm not
> sure that it has a webbased front end.
>
> This article may help:
> http://www.ip-solutions.net/_articles/lsa.html

I second the choice of syslog-ng. I got quite a few servers forwarding
to a central syslog server (with one warm-standby in case of failure)
which centrally logs into text files, but also to a Postgres database
(which is also redundant thanks to Slony). Remote servers tunnel syslog
via TCP over SSH to the central one. No problems at all, I'm very happy
with it.

Cheers,
Frank

against your ports.