[Dshield] Syslog Server Software

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Thu Mar 16 14:22:30 GMT 2006

"Timothy A. Holmes" wrote:

> No, my boxes are not all *nix,  I have a mix of gentoo and fedora linux,
> windows server 2003, windows XP pro, Cisco firewall (Pix 501) and
> foundry layer 2 and layer 3 switches.

The standard *nix syslogd can handle logging from all versions of *nix with which I am familiar, any cisco product, and most/all other network infrastructure that supports syslog logging. For windows logging, there are a dozen or more open source, beggarware, and commercial products that mirror windows logging to syslog or replace it entirely with syslog. I don't do windows, so I cannot recommend any specific products, but if you google on "windows syslog client" you should find everything you need to know to make a windoze box log to syslog.

Jon Kibler
--
Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer