[Dshield] Forensics and hard drives

Ackley, Alex aackley at epmgpc.com
Mon Apr 9 19:11:09 GMT 2007

You can add the drive as the drive for a virtual server within Microsoft virtual Server 2005 R2 (and I'm sure the same is the case with VMWare).  Then boot the virtual server using that drive as it's main.  Make sure the virtual network adapter only routes internally to the virtual environment.  Then you can run all of your tools on it as it is in production but without any method of actually getting out.