[Dshield] Spam Email - Threats and Extortion

Ackley, Alex aackley at epmgpc.com
Thu Apr 19 19:01:08 GMT 2007

Thanks all.  I found information on this on the FBI Computer crimes web
site.  I've contacted local and government law enforcement as per
procedure.

The couple I've got have different headers but the text is nearly
identical.

The text is as follows:

"ATTENTION
This is the only way i could reach you, I Want you be very carefull
about this and keep the secret with you untill i make out space  for
us to see, You have no need of knowing who i am,where am from,until i
make out a space for us to see, i have being paid a ransom in advance
to terminate you with some reasons listed to me by my employer,i have
followed you closely for one week and five days now and have seen that
you are innocent of the accusation,Do not contact the police or try to
send a copy of this to them, because if you do i will know, and might
be compelled to do what i have being paid to do,besides this is the
first time  i turned out to be a betrayer in my job.

Now listen,i will arrange for us to see face to face but before that i
need the amount of $30,000.00(part payment) to be paid in to an
account i will provide for you,you have nothing to be afraid of,i will
come to your home, or you determine where you wish we meet,i repeat do
not arrange for the corps,do not set any camera to cover usor set up
any tape to record our conversation,my employer is in mycontrol
now,after our conversation,i will give you the tape that contains his
request for me to terminate you,(i tape recorded our conversation)
which will be enough evidence for you to take him to court(if you wish
to), then the balance of $10, 000.00 will bepaid to me in cash,beware
of associates ,reply back at once.

Danny"