[Dshield] Serious spammers

Tony Earnshaw tonni at hetnet.nl
Sat Apr 28 04:02:05 GMT 2007

Hi list,

For a while I've been adding /24 subnetworks delegated to AccelerateBiz
Inc. 4300 Biscayne Blvd Suite G06 Miami FL 33137 US to our block list.

AccelerateBiz is a bona-fide spam outfit conforming to all the spam laws
and rules as well as rfc2821 protocol, but is a regular PITA as far as
my mail outfits are concerned. It continues to send out worthless
rubbish to all and sundry, the world over. I would prefer to see it
consigned to hell fire.

With the last spam received, I see (by means of my favorite whois
lookup, whois.lacnic.net) that AccelerateBiz now rules over
64.187.96.0/19 as well as 204.14.% and 204.10.% subnets.

With our mailserver, Postfix 2.4, there's no problem blocking the actual
subnets, either with a Postfix cidr mask or with the greylisting
software we use, Cami's (Cami will be known to Postfix aficionados and
probably only them) policyd. But I'd prefer to see AccelerateBiz
consigned to hell fire.

Strangely enough, Steve Linford's Spamhaus outfit doesn't react to
AccelerateBiz addresses at all.

Does anyone have any idea?

Best,

--Tonni