[Dshield] PDF Spam Wave

Sloan, Jocelyn jocelyn.sloan at fargodiocese.org
Mon Aug 6 14:42:03 GMT 2007

Well, congratulations to Tonni on knowing everything about being a
mailadmin.  You were lucky to have good teachers.  I admit, I'm new to
this list, and I don't know everything about being a mail admin.  I am
also a one-person IT department, responsible for everything from
telephones to computers to VCR's, and I do not have time to spend hours
researching every possible fix for every problem.

If you can advise (or at send a link) on HOW to block the incoming
messages that are for invalid users, that would be helpful.  Telling me
I need to do something, but refusing to share HOW is a waste of
everyone's time.  Show me where I can find out HOW to do it would be so
much more useful.  I am running Exchange 2003sp2, and I look forward to
hearing from someone who knows how to do this.  THANK YOU, in advance.

JS
--
Jocelyn Sloan, Network+
Technology Coordinator

<snip>

I have a perfect pdf spam solution, I refuse all mail that isn't for my
users, my 1550+ user site currently refuses far more mail than it is
offered, we don't get any false positives, none of our users complains
about lost or delayed mail.

But I'm not going even to *begin* to explain how, to anyone (only to
die-hard Postfix people, but they taught me how, anyway). Yet less when
a novice yuks. The only answer is: "Learn to be a mailadmin", and that
take years, believe me.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw