[Dshield] The demise of the hub

Bijendra Singh bijendra at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 17:08:15 GMT 2007

I had the same experience. I went around searching for hubs in many
stores without any luck. A service rep even tried to sell me a patch panel
....perhaps he did not understand what I was talking about. At that point
I came to the conclusion that hubs are a history.

I bought a Linksys router/switch and its docs say that there is a feature which
would replicate packets to all ports in a vlan, just like a hub
without learning the
hosts. But so far  have been unable to get the hub behavior.

-Bijendra