[Dshield] The demise of the hub

Larry Craddock l_craddock at netride.net
Fri Aug 10 20:07:55 GMT 2007

		I use NetOptics TAPs but I'm also not wild about having to monitor it with 2 NICs. I use the $95 4 port NICs from routerboard ... they make it a little easier but doesn't help the offsite / laptop scenario.. Also NetOptics has aggregators that let you monitor bi-directional traffic with one NIC but they're even more costly than the taps. I'll probably stick with taps and 4 port NICs.

Larry Craddock