[Dshield] Extreme increase in spam attempts... any one else seeing similar event?

Abuse abuse at what4now.com
Sat Aug 18 02:50:10 GMT 2007

** Reply to message from "Jim McCullough" <jim.mccullough at gmail.com> on Fri, 17
Aug 2007 20:02:08 -0400

> Just as an afterthought, we previously discussed backscatter and to
> prevent a repeat of the last thread with it.  I think this thread
> should stay on its course and not go back down the MTA configuration
> issue again.

Why not?  The main problem of backscatter is badly configured MTAs.  I have
seen on "this list" a few people claim that they can not configure their mail
server properly for a variety of reasons none of which are valid.

When I get backscatter to my personal email address they get reported to
spamcop.  There is no reason for this crap.