[Dshield] Extreme increase in spam attempts... any one elseseeing similar event?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Sun Aug 19 20:47:31 GMT 2007

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 21:13:39 +0200, Tony Earnshaw said:

> I've always wondered why so many Postfix sites are there (from the
> Postfix mailing list) simply as front ends for Microsoft Exchange MTAs.
> Well, now I have a better understanding.

If Postfix did all the other "cool things" that Exchange claims to do well,
like shared calendars and "Joe would like to recall the message", they'd
probably not be just front-ends.

The problem is that for all the flames Exchange takes from the security
community, it *does* provide a lot of features that large sites often want to
use, and those features are hard to find on other enterprise-ready open-source
projects.

Heck, we've got about 3,500 Exchange users ourselves, precisely for that
reason.