[Dshield] Interesting change in Phishing

Mark markt442 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 21:14:50 GMT 2007

Hello,

I received an "auto-responder" from a mail list
informing me a mail I had purportedly sent was being
held for moderator review. Issue is I never sent such
an email. The email offered a link to cancel this
post.

This is a rather unique change as most recipients
first reaction would be to "cancel the post" as it
obviously didn't come from them. Joe Six-Pack is
likely to click on it because he doesn't want some
other Joe Six-Pack sending stuff to lists using his
email.

Below is the actual email with the link broken up. I
didn't click as I have zero time to "play" with it.

-Mark

Your mail to 'debian-tl' with the subject

    barberie bank

Is being held until the list moderator can review it
for approval.

The reason it is being held:

    Post by non-member to a members-only list

Either the message will get posted to the list, or you
will receive notification of the moderator's decision.
 If you would like to cancel this posting, please
visit the following URL: