[Dshield] Fortinet [Fortigate 5050]

Klein, Jamy Jamy.Klein at cshs.org
Thu Feb 8 17:13:16 GMT 2007

I have not used them personally, but I know of them. My opinion is that you
should be careful with any product like that, that claims to do it all. How
do you know that they are good at IPS, A/V, Content Filtering, and
firewalling? They most likely are not better at IPS than a company that
makes all their profit or a large portion of their profit off of IPS. The
company that is primarily focused on IPS is probably investing most of their
money into IPS research where a company like Fortinet has to split the
research dollars between all of the above listed areas.

Jamy