[Dshield] Blocking Country Access

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Tue Feb 20 17:27:30 GMT 2007

Dave Hatz wrote:
> I am trying to find information on how to block countries from our networks.
> I remember seeing lists that contain the IP addresses for the countries.
> Can someone please point me in the right direction on where I can obtain a
> list of the country IP address so we can block them.

you can try http://isc.sans.org/countrylookup.txt . Its based on the
list I use to lookup countries.

Not perfect... here is a list of country lookup URLs I keep around. Some
allow you to download their database:

http://www.hostip.info
http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp
http://www.geobytes.com/GeoSelect.htm
http://www.maxmind.com
http://ip-to-country.webhosting.info

---------
Johannes Ullrich                        http://isc.sans.org

SANS 2007 March 29 - April 6 in San Diego, CA offers 52 Courses
taught by our top rated instructors plus a huge vendor tools expo.
	Register Today! <http://www.sans.org/info/2501>
(Brochurecode: ISC)