[Dshield] Blocking Country Access

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Feb 21 06:44:01 GMT 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:54:14 PST, Dave Hatz said:
> I am trying to find information on how to block countries from our networks.
> I remember seeing lists that contain the IP addresses for the countries.
> Can someone please point me in the right direction on where I can obtain a
> list of the country IP address so we can block them.

Depending on your exact business and traffic patterns, it may make a lot more
sense to block *the entire world*, and then only punch holes for places you
expect traffic from.

Just a thought - seems people seem to be reminded of Marcus Ranum's
thoughts on "default allow and trying to enumerate badness". ;)